Book Review - Hushed - Joanne Macgregor


A few weeks ago I read, and reviewed, another Joanne Macgregor story. 

Hushed is... WOW.   I had trouble putting it down.  Once again I found myself reading at the gym (a given when I'm on the treadmill or elliptical) and not paying a bit of attention on the time or distance just so I could finish a chapter. 

I thought about it while doing my stretches/cool down.  While grocery shopping - until I ran into another buggy.

Setting - South Africa - including some interesting phrases used.  I love stories set in other countries than my own; I find myself learning something new.

Characters - Movie Star Logan Rush and average, everyday girl Rosemary "Romy" Morgan.

When Romy discovers that Logan's 20th birthday is going to be on a chartered boat, she sneaks out near the boat on her surf board to spy on him. 

Much like in The Little Mermaid, she ends up saving him from drowning and returns him to his hotel after being chased by "Rushers" and reporters. 

His director offers her a job as Logan's personal assistant.  A job she accepts for multiple reasons after graduating high school a week later.

Logan and Romy's voices are both hushed by Cilla (the director).  Will they find their voices again?  What is Cilla holding over Logan's head?

What do I need to add? I've already talked about how I had trouble putting this one down.  Any plot holes?  None that nag at me.  Would I recommend this book? Well, I am writing a blog post about it. 

5 stars.


Happy Reading

Alicia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate