Getting Closer

For all intents and purposes I'm waiting until August to work on my next YA - Half Moon Manor.

I'm about 15,000 words in and I have no word count goals in mind, yet. I just need to write and finish the half completed story.

I also want to get The Bookworm Next Door published and am waiting on my beta editor to do her thing with commas.

Commas scare me as a writer. I'll either add too many or not enough (but always the Oxford Comma - that'll be another post).  As an English teacher I can spot a mislaid or missing comma from a mile away.

Blame it on the undergrad paper that I failed because of three comma splices; I know I do. 

No matter what I can not look at my story from the eyes of an English teacher. It just is not possible.  This is my baby, my work of eight long years. I'm attached to it.  I come back to work on it every few years.

This is why you do not edit your own work. You miss typos no matter how many times you read over it. I've read over it three times and I'm sure Bookworm still has typos.

I do know that I will not be able to leave my characters alone; they've been with me for so long. Maybe I'll revisit them with some short stories.

As I get closer to publication I hope you, the reader, enjoys my words.

AJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate