My long absence

Things have not been okay around this writer's family.

On Father's Day my grandfather suffered a stroke. 

A week in the hospital.
3 weeks in rehab.
Then we moved him into a retirement village. 

Before that he'd spent a week in the hospital followed by a week of us staying with him 24/7. 

All that was after the Alabama trip.

Then about 10 days ago, right as we were settling into our new routine, my mom had a mild heart attack.  Thus yet another week in the hospital.

That week I made a lot of chainmaille for the etsy shop.  The etsy shop has gotten a lot of attention, mostly because I can easily send out tweets with projects.

My brain had stalled on me.  I was doing things by rote.  That's why chainmaille was so easy once I'd gotten the patterns down. 

Go ahead. Look. Not everything is posted, but enough is already available for sale. Www.overthinkercreates.etsy.com

And now we're back to 24/7, only this time I'm doing all the cooking.  Misadventures in califlower mash anybody?  How to not dry out Turkey Meatballs?  I'll have to head on over to my OverthinkerCreates blog in a little while and update there. 

In the meantime hospital visit #6 for the year is over.  

There's a few other negatives that's occured lately, but... for right now... how about some positive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

I am horrible at blogging.

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell