The Thing About Writing

You never know where it will take you.

Growing up I wanted to be Sarah Dessen.  She tackled the 'issues' - as I call them - without being overwhelming about them.

I've found myself doing that at least twice.  In Keeping Secrets Gwen deals with the murder of her father, Mitchell deals with an abusive father, and Rilla with an emotional drain.

In my NaNoWriMo project I've found myself with an emotionally abusive and controlling character that I never expected.  I started off dealing with toxic friends and ended up with a toxic relationship.

Here's the thing, folks, writing will take you and your characters in directions that you never expect.

Alicia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

I am horrible at blogging.

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell