The Entwined Tales - A Bear's Bride - Shari L. Tapscott

A Bear's Bride is Book Three in the Entwined Tales series features Sophie.  Any readers of the previous two books can deduce that she's a handful.

We start off with her sneaking off to visit her friend, Peter.  The very friend she's been forbidden from seeing.  Peter then proposes and they make plans to run away together.

Until her father interrupts and informs Sophie he's accepted somebody else's offer for her hand. 

Naturally, spirited Sophie runs off to Peter only to be reminded that her friend is a ladies man.  It's obvious that she didn't really want to marry Peter when she nicely ends their "engagement" and runs off alone.

Hours later she finally calls the Fairy Godfather Mortimer for help.  In asking for a knight's assistance, Sophie gives him an idea.  Within moments they are countries away and in front of the palace of the cursed prince.

By day Henri is cursed to be a bear.  By night he is a human.

Impulsively they marry.  Hence the title, therefore not a spoiler. 

What would be a spoiler? 

- Background on the original tale.  This is one of my favorite lesser known fairy tales and I really wish Tapscott would have changed just a little bit more than she did. 

- How Henri was cursed. 

I wanted more.  At 110 pages (the shortest story in the series with The Goose Girl close behind at 117 pages) I just wanted more.  More detail.  More reimagining. 

I'm a fan of Tapscott's The Eldentimber series, even though I have two books left to finish the collection. 

I just wanted more.  I was disappointed when it was over.  I wanted more Henri.  I wanted more Sophie.  I wanted to see Sophie's character growth and some more insight into Henri. 

However, it was still a good, sweet story and I don't regret clicking that Kindle Unlimited button.  I didn't even feel the need scan ahead.  That's how into it I was.

And probably one of the reasons I wish it was longer.

4.5 stars

Happy Reading

Alicia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate