Making Changes to The Bookworm Next Door

Sometimes you sit down and realize something.

Okay.  I sat down and realized something as I was writing Jennifer's part of the Bookworm story.

The Bookworm Next Door wasn't finished when I self-published it.  It's a disturbing reality that faced me with two difficult decisions.  I could close the door on The Bookworm Next Door and leave it imperfect or I could rewrite it and make it perfect.

I decided to do exactly that.  Perfect is better.

So then I was faced with the daunting task of piecing everything together exactly the way it needed.

There was also the fact that I was faced with continuity issues with some of the characters names.  

Last night I finished The Bookworm Next Door.  It has all of the short stories combined.  It has new material.  It has a never before seen ending that only I knew was going to happen.

Is The Bookworm Stories Series over?  No.  There's still Aimee Kirkland's story.  Grace and Kyle.  David. Delilah. Jennifer.  Wesley.  

The originals are still up and running.  They will be up and running until my Betas have read through my final draft and pointed out any typos and other glaring errors that I noticed while doing my run through.  However in a few weeks the originals will be pulled. 

I debated with myself over how to do it.

Would I simply upload the new edition to the original edition?  Should I delete it all and hope for a fresh start?    What is best for me, my story, and my readers? 

I'd like to think the over hundred new pages of material will be enough for you, dear reader, to forgive the extremely difficult decision I had to make. 

The current edition is still up until the Betas have given things a read over.  I'll hopefully be able to release the new, improved, expanded, and revised edition soon. 

Alicia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

I am horrible at blogging.

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell