Book Review - The Yearbook - Carol Masciola

Oftentimes how I pick my next read - or review - isn't complicated.  In this case I was scanning titles on my kindle.  I don't often go into the Young Adult section on my kindle.  There are mostly big names and I'd like to support the new, not-big-names authors. 

But The Yearbook by Carol Masciola caught my attention.  It might have been the cover.  It was definitely the blurb.

Lola, an orphan in foster care - a group home at that - manages to find herself in the library reserve room at school.  She took over a job of throwing out fire and water damaged books out of self-preservation - she's trying to hide from someone. 

In the room she finds an undamaged yearbook from 1924. Falling asleep, she finds herself transported during a Fall Dance in 1923.  There she meets Whoopsie, Thumbtack, and Peter the professor. 

Not wanting to leave her new friends and the feeling that she's finally found where she belongs, Lola goes back to get her things from the reserves room and finds herself back in her time.

Now she starts studying about that time while trying to get back to 1923, and Peter.

The problem - her mother was mentally ill and everybody around her keeps looking for signs of Lola's own impending mental breakdown. 

Does she make it back to 1923 and Peter?  Read and find out. I don't think you'll regret picking up this

I found it a quick and easy read.  It's perfect for any person who feels like they belong in a different decade. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

I am horrible at blogging.

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell