Book Review - The Cosy Tea Shop in the Castle - Caroline Roberts

I don't even remember how I came across this book.  I can say that it was a throughly enjoyable escape while things were falling apart around me. 

First off - Not a Young Adult.  I promise, the next couple of books will be YA books.  
This book appealed to me on a few levels.  

Like Ellie, I had a job that caused me to be miserable a good part of the time.  Like Ellie I love to bake.

Unlike Ellie, the Choffee Cake wasn't appealing, but I'm not a fan of coffee, much like many of you might be. 

Reading about Joe fighting his feelings for Ellie as Ellie works on getting over her ex (more getting back on her own two feet than anything) and learns about running a tea shop was exactly what I needed. 

This was a charming British read.  Yes, a UK author! Castles! Dragons and moats!  Okay, no dragons and moats, but a simple lighthearted read that can make anybody feel better when things aren't running smoothly. 

Again, not much commentary.  Pick up a copy.  Read it.  Cover the young eyes when you reach the good bits.  Then, when you emerge expect to want to speak in British slang for a bit.  I think I was for about a week, but I did the same with Elizabeth Young too.

Cheerio! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate