Prepping for National Novel Writing Month

It's quickly approaching and I had to pick just one project to work on. 

Do I finish the second Enchanted Forest?  The third Hastings?  The College Edition of Bookworm Next Door that is taking me forever?

Do I tackle one of the other five project ideas that have appeared to me? Or the non-young adult romance that has been floating around in my cluttered brain?

One particular project is prodding at me, telling me to write this one.   Character names. Plot line issues.  Motivations.  Pretty much falling into place with some exceptions.

This particular project has a friend prodding me as well, but that's beside the point.

So... what will the NaNoWriMo2107 project be?

You'll just have to wait and see.

However, want to tackle a 50,000 word lightening manuscript in a month? A month with Thanksgiving in it!

Know your story.  Prep. Plot. Know your characters.  The journey might change, but regardless... Be Prepared. 

And most importantly... 50,000 words in 30 days or 1,667 words in a day (average) is not as easy as you'd think. 

Sometimes character's actions don't match your plans.  Writer's block. Time issues.  Any number of issues can prevent a rough draft from being completed in this grueling pace.

Be prepared to finish in 30 days or be prepared not to finish in 30 days.  Regardless, be prepared to edit your rough draft once it is completed.  Because not finishing is much worse than not completing NaNoWriMo.

In the end we'll all have rough drafts to fix.

Alicia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate