Book Review - Jaded - KM Robinson

Here's another new find I ran across during Megan O'Russell's book launch party for The Tale of Bryant Adams or How I Magically Messed Up My Life in 4 Freakin Days.

K.M. Robinson's Jaded (book one of the duology) left me staying up way too late reading two nights in a row. 

If you knew from a young age that you were promised to marry the Leader's (Commander in this series) son AND that they were going to kill you, what would you do?

If you knew from a young age you were meant to marry the leader of the rebellion's daughter AND you were trained to kill here, what would you do?

Things were going according to plan.  Jade married Roan.  

Then they start to get to know each other...

All, up until this point, that Jade knows about Roan is that he is his father's son.  The reverse is true for what Roan knows about Jade.

Then she learns he's a painter and he learns she is kind-hearted and people love her.

Then they both discover the vial of poison hidden in the couch cushions!

What will happen next?  That I won't tell you.  Mostly.

It should be obvious that Jade at least survives this book.  It's a duology... and with a few exceptions the main character does not die in the first book of a series.  

But with a good bit of poison lying around their house, a Commander hell bent on Jade's death, and the entire town aware and holding their collective breaths until the next time they see Jade, it's just a matter of time before somebody gets injured or dies.


By now the faithful readers get that I don't review the books I don't like.   These books don't get finished.  They take weeks for me to get through.  It's a real struggle and I don't want to pass that on to readers.

On the other end, I also know how it feels to read a bad review.  It sucks, but it's also the only way to get a thick skin.

This is a review for the first category.  With two late night - up until 2 and 3 am reading late - I'm ready to dive in K.M. Robinson's other books once I've finished my book launch reading tour. 

5 stars.  There were a few typos that caught my attention, but the beauty of the plot and writing pulled me in.  

Book two comes out sometime in early 2018.  I'm crossing my fingers for January. 

Go grab your own copy and be prepared to fall into Jade and Roan's world.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate