Book Series Review - Melanie Cellier - The Four Kingdoms AND Beyond the Four Kingdoms

I may have spent way too much time absorbed into fairy tales and what not.  I love fairy tales.  I love reimagined fairy tales.

Okay,  I simply adore reading in general.

A while back I purchased a Princess and the pea retelling - The Princess Companion.  This was shortly after the second book in the series was released, but as much as I enjoyed the first book I couldn't bring myself to buy the second.

The Princess Fugitive - Book 2 - is a Little Red Riding Hood reimagining and it never was my favorite tale.  However, Cellier's twist made me wish I had picked it up sooner.  However, that hesitation also meant I didn't have as much of a wait between books either...

Wait...dear reader you must be thinking,  wasn't your Into the Enchanted Forest partially Little Red Riding Hood?  Yes.  So?  Just because I used the tale doesn't mean I liked the source.  Crazy, I know. 

Regardless, I signed up for a free Kindle Unlimited trial last month.  Why?  Because the novella right after Cellier's book two was interesting ( Happily Ever Afters - Snow White and Rose Red) .  And Book Three - The Princess Pact - was a reimagining of Rumplestiltskin... and the Novella after book three ( A Midsummer's Wedding - The Frog Prince.)  Finally, Book Four - The Princess Game (Sleeping Beauty - one of my all time favorite stories).

But the kicker.  The books that really wanted me to get caught up are the Beyond the Four Kingdoms books - A Dance of Silver and Shadow (Twelve Dancing Princesses) and A Tale of Beauty and Beast (quite obvious there.)

So I reread The Princess Companion first and was reminded why the Four Kindgoms needed to be read first.  Then started my free trial on Dec. 17th.

Oh yes, amid the holidays, etsy shop orders, editing, and getting Chasing Aileen ready I was reading the Four Kingdoms books.  I would be doing cardio at the gym and getting lost in Cellier's marvelous story telling.

My only regret... I finished all of her currently published works and must wait for the next tale in the Beyond the Four Kingdoms books.  *Sighs dramatically*

High on my must read list for reimagined fairy tales.  My favorites were The Princess Companion and The Princess Game with A Tale of Beauty and Beast close behind.

Pick them up. I doubt you'll regret it.

Alicia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate