Works in Progress

I'm working on a few projects and it is making my head spin.  Either I'm stretching myself too far or my brain is staying, 'You worked so hard on completing The Bookworm Next Door. Take a break.'

I still find myself going through all of my writing folders looking to see what items of potential I have already scribbled down.

I have MANY writing folders. Some empty (yes, I clean them out). Some jumbled together.

Some pieces are just so bad that I feel like I should just delete them, even as I can remember where and why I wrote them.  How can you just delete a part of your history like that?  I can't. 

So I'm focusing on 3 things.

1. The Girl Next Door Prequel Shorts.

Gloria and Brady are next in line and while I know where I'm going, getting there might be the issue.  This one is slightly more complicated than The Bookworm's Make Over; I can't just write it out in two days and send it to a beta. Brady has a complex back story thanks to Kelly.

2. Half-Moon Manor.

This,  I will admit, was slightly inspired by how Sarah Allen Addison and how she blends multiple generations together into one story. I'm not exactly certain where I'm going to need to classify this book.

It's also missing the middle...

3. Untitled Work in Progress - Riley Family

I saw a story among my folders. It was originally supposed to be a series that followed a family - think about the way romance aurhors do some of there series: sister, sibling, sibling, friend, etc. 

I'm going to reimagine it and try my hand at Steampunk.  Why not?

Only I'm cutting out most of the sibling characters. There is no way I'm going to do six books for the Riley Family.

Stay tuned for more news fellow readers and  bookworms.

AJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

I am horrible at blogging.

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell