Writing Styles and Coming Soon

Coming to a kindle nearst you, hopefully - the still untitled Prequel Short Story about Brady and Gloria.

It just needs a beta read a title...that's the tricky part.

I received my first goodreads review the other day.  Not an actual review, just the stars, but I'm good with that.  

3 stars. Not great, but not bad for showing something started 8 years ago.  I can honestly say my writing style has changed since then.  I can see it from what I'm writing on now. 

But it got me thinking, as a reader how would I rate my own story?  I submitted it knowing there were issues that I would not be able to fix without whole rewrites of sections that had already been rewritten so many times. 

My characters, I believe, were spot on. Each had a psychological reason for acting the way they acted. Behaviors met personalities. Personalities met character traits and circumstances.

If I had added the material in the shorts into the story it would have been chunky and loaded down.

I'm happy with my first effort and that is what really counts.

4 stars.

That being said, please don't judge my current projects by Bookworm. Not everything in my scattered brain falls into YA romance. Don't even judge the shorts by the original.  If you've made it this far, I hope you enjoy the ride.

I have a title to create.

AJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate