Love on the Air - Hallmark Movie Review

Ever just watch a movie and think - I know I have read this somewhere

That is this movie.  Where have I read this before?  Where have I watched this before. 

A plethora of ideas pop into my head.  The Ugly Truth with Heigl and Butler.  Various contemporary romances that I've undoubtedly read. 

The Kiss That Launched 1000 Gifs - Sheralyn Pratt
Charlie All Night - Jennifer Cruise

I imagine there is several more.  I'd have to go through my kindle book list into order to be able to tell and the first book listed (Pratt) was read months ago. 

I seriously read books like I breathe air, consuming them mostly on a daily basis.  It's an expensive hobby.  I guess that's what Kindle Daily Deals ($1.99) or sales are for. 

So, a few weeks ago I started watching this movie.  It hit a cord with me.  I couldn't help wondering exactly where I'd read this movie from?  Which book was it? 

Sadly, there is no book.  For a bookworm that is extremely disappointing, but I'm aware that not everything can be based on a book. 

It doesn't help that the story just seems so familiar to me. 

So, back to the movie.  I started watching it and had to stop watching it to get ready go somewhere.  It's been on the DVR ever since I watched Unleashing Mr. Darcy, which should tell everybody how much I've had to catch up on.  (3 Supernatural, 2 Once Upon and Time, and 1 Hell's Kitchen episodes) 

So, at the beginning we have - How to Lose a Guy in Ten Minutes.  Or How to Repel Men. 

The heroine is a tough as nails, independent "feminist" even down to the cliched Women's Studies Major.  I've always wondered what job prospects a Women's Studies Major could get.  (Comment below if you have any ideas.)  

Not cutting feminism, but I'm more of an equalist.  Yup, made up a word. 

We discover early on the reason behind her independent streak - Her mother was constantly searching for Mr. Right and finding a long string of Mr. Wrongs.  She hated watching her mother's obsession of Mr. Right being tied to her feelings of self-worth. 

But Sonya's (our heroine) carefully crafted world begins crashing down around with her fiance decides to break up with her after listening to Nick's Man Cave. 

We also find out why Nick has commitment issues.  

In a series of events, Nick and Sonya end up co-hosting a morning radio show thanks to their chemistry and opposing view points become viral hit sensations. 

Was it watchable?  Yes.  Can you relate to it?  Kinda.  

Maybe I'm guilty myself of some of the walls and fences that Sonya is guilty of.  Who knows.

I just know that I couldn't quite get past all of the stereotypes and possible influences. 

3 out of 5 just because it could be forgettable. Life is too short for forgettable movies (and books).  Read The Kiss That Launched 1000 Gifs instead.  Go with When Harry Met Sally (Meg Ryan movie).  Any of the millions of Romantic Comedies that feature a battle of the sexes and that giant misunderstanding trope that brings the couple closer. 

A

This leads to a series of events where they are either bickering or getting to appreciate the other one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

I am horrible at blogging.

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell