Sometimes...

Sometimes the hardest things to write are unexpected. 

I had no problem writing 5 pages of a troubling scene in Aimee's story.  I channeled a friend and several psychology classes I'd taken. I'd channeled what I thought I'd do in that situation.   I channeled my imagination.

When Aimee's story comes out you'll know exactly what I'm referring to.  I'm trying to keep down on spoilers.

But with Jennifer's story, a story mostly dealing with prom...
.
.
.
I can't figure out how her prom date asks her. 

Although, I did get to look at prom dresses.  For research purposes of course.

Still, not the oddest thing I've done writing research on.  That honor belongs to an outline for something that I'll never release.  Unless the person I gave a copy to randomly gives me permission. Or I ask if it's okay. 

It's complicated.  

And yet how Jennifer's prom date asks her is still more difficult to write than that 'silly stupid' outline... which involved being beaten by a hockey stick...

Gah, what's with my imagination?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate