The Trouble With The Debut

It's little surprise that my most popular story is The Bookworm Next Door.  It's the story I'd worked on for years and it shows.

Not always in a good way.

While the UK sales are surprisingly good and US sales beginning to stall, there is that unnerving moment of concern that my debut is going to remain my best seller.

The very same debut that has a completely different writing style than my most recent offerings.

The very same debut that isn't technically complete since it's part of a series of interconnected stories.

Even I can't claim I'd give it a 5 star rating, but authors tend to be harder critics to their writing. 

But that debut is having an effect on my other writings. Don't like it and you don't give the more recent offerings a chance.  Offerings that you might like even more than Bookworm.

Even my betas have remarked on the changes in writing style between the 3 "major" works.

Regardless... the three major series that I'm working on (one isn't published yet) are all different.  Maybe I shouldn't market them the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Stolen Twin - Michelle Pariza Wacek

Book Review - The Girl Without Magic - Megan O'Russell

Free the Words! - The Impact of #Cockygate